Wednesday, August 03, 2005

More From Michael Graham

Here are a few more words from Michael Graham's website, posted on August 2, 2005:

"...On behalf of my friends who work hard at 630 WMAL every day, I'm asking all of you who've expressed your support for me to do me a HUGE personal favor: Please stop. The volume of calls and emails is hurting the ability of some very good people to do their jobs, and trust me--your message has been received.

"Am I overwhelmed by the fact that websites and blogs have spontaneously risen up across the DC area and around the country to express their support? Yes, more than you know. I am flattered and amazed and humbled and generally astonished....

"I don't know how many ways there are to say 'Thank you,' but I want to use them all. Thanks for what you've done, for the history you've made in Washington radio, and thanks now for sitting back for a few days and watching how things work out.

"And stay tuned. Literally."



I can rest now! I don't have to futz around online all day long and half the night. [Hat tip to Esther over @
www.outsidetheblogway.com
for the word futz]

5 Comments:

At 8/03/2005 11:28 AM, Blogger Mike's America said...

Thanks for keeping me up to date on this important story. It's too easy to vent a bit of outrage and much more difficult to keep following it through to a succesful conclusion.

 
At 8/03/2005 12:39 PM, Blogger G_in_AL said...

I still might start having some fun at CAIR's expense... they gave me their email address... hmmm... now what could we do with that?

 
At 8/03/2005 3:23 PM, Blogger Jason Pappas said...

I think we all can be proud of our efforts to overwhelm ABC/WMAL. We’ve provided critical support at the right time. Good work AOL & others who got the ball rolling and everyone else who responded by writing ...

 
At 8/03/2005 5:35 PM, Blogger Cubed © said...

They're baaaaack!

CAIR has just turned loose its attack dogs on Geoff Metcalf, Michael Graham's replacement at WMAL.

CAIR's "Action Alert #464" calls on its followers on Wednesday, August 3, to "Ask WMAL to address incitement of anti-Islam hate by talk show hosts."

Here's what the fuss is all about.

On Friday, July 29, Geoff Metcalf said "And by the way, let me just add a sidebar here that's significan, and everybody forgets this, but according to the Quran, believers in Islam are not required to tell infidels, and that's us, the truth. So they apparently have permission to lie when it is appropriate."

CAIR went on to say that most callers to the program expressed similar hostility to Muslims and to the faith of Islam.

You can listen to the quote at: http://www.cairfl.org/audio/050729wmal-Metcalfe.mp3 .

For a really good discussion of the terms used in Metcalf's talk that made CAIR so angry, go to http://sixthcolumnagainstjihad.blogspot.com and look for Eleanor's blogs. They were first posted quite some time ago, but in honor of the occasion, George Mason has re-posted them today.

It's time to roll up our sleeves again!

 
At 8/03/2005 8:57 PM, Blogger Always On Watch said...

Cubed and TMH,
You know that I'm on this, right now! In fact, I've spent an hour getting out the info.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home