This posting is a follow-up to "Frazzled!"
1. After nearly two weeks, my car is back on the road. The dealership refused to acknowledge that, in the course of their repair to the heater-tube assembly leading to the intake manifold, they had fouled up the spark-plug wires. Nevertheless, once the dealership provided the diagnosis as to why my car was suddenly running roughly and threatening to stall, my husband replaced wires and plugs. The other major repair — a complete overhaul of the front brakes, marked as "Urgent!" by the dealership — turned out not to be needed at all!
2. Cameo, our youngest cat, had to undergo another surgery, which involved a huge incision with debriding so as to remove an odd irritation of the skin on her back. The pathology report came back yesterday and showed nothing definitive to treat. We're hoping that the problem has now been resolved but won't know for certain until the stitches are removed and the hood comes off. Cameo doesn't like to eat unless I remove the hood; she also needs time to groom. Therefore, I'm tied down as the cat nurse but not as much so since the drains have been removed.
3. The midterm elections are over. No more signs are standing on my yard, so I don't have to stand watch for the sign swappers. I no longer have the tedium of getting out a flashlight to check my front yard when I get home from work.
4. The dead tree has been removed. We have a huge stack of wood for our fireplace.
5. Even though I have finished my course of physical therapy, I still have multiple medically related appointments. The neurologist wants to investigate some other possibilities because of my recent relapse into terrible pain. Meanwhile, I have a massage therapist who knows about trigger points and can provide me with some relief. I see her three or four times a week.
6. I'm starting to catch up with grading papers, making blog rounds, checking snail-mail and email, writing out checks for bills, and reading the daily newspaper. I may even find time to start reading Stephen King's latest — Lisey's Story. I need some recreational reading!
Best of all, Thanksgiving break begins November 17! An end to my overload is in sight!